Yugioh 1000 years of Darkness 2/8

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Re: Yugioh 1000 years of Darkness 7/8

Post by Nexous »

"Fine, I'll duel you."
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Several weeks have now gone by with little to no action. Damien hasn't done much but seclude himself in his office or walk around the school checking in on classes. Nathan and Aedan have recovered and were released from the infirmary, Chris has been having some very good times with Millissa, Jordan after his punishment has been dueling up a storm and going around insulting the galaxy-eyes students as well as the blue-eyes students all while plotting his revenge on Nathan for framing him when he was the one acting like an ass. Alastair as been chillin, glad that his brother is back and healthy, Heero and Connor have been enjoying dueling each other and improving their skills. Alex has yet to see Christy since there too short duel was interrupted by Damien, Still fuming over it he has vented his anger on Gary who has been hanging around him lately. Kiel has been working on new duel disk mods. The air seems static with anticipation for what no one knows. But for now history class has begun.

Raphael sits at his desk reading while everyone files in. After the second bell rings he stands, "WELCOME CLASS! Today is a good day you know why? Because today we will be talking about the history of Seto Kaiba the man who made all of this and you possible. We shall begin with how he started out. Kaiba and his little brother Mokuba were orphans until Kosaboro Kaiba adopted them, seeing how skilled and smart Kaiba was at chess started immediately to train him in warfare and tactics with grueling pace. until Kaiba had enough and begun to hate his adopted father. And got into duel monsters. It was with duel monsters where he found true passion and from the Blue-eyes white dragon he found power. Once he was old enough he took over his fathers company by force and changed Kaibacorp from a weapons manufacturing company into what it is today a Gaming company. He then used his wealth to acquire rare and powerful cards from around the world and creating a power deck with 3 blue-eyes white dragons. Nobody could stop him he was at the time the self proclaimed King of games...until Yugi Muto came and striped him of that mantle...and it wasn't long afterwards that Kaiba would face Yugi again at the front gates to Pegasuses castle in duelist kingdom. Where he showed off his new duel disk prototype and his new ultimate beast..The blue-eyes ultimate dragon with an attack of 4500! But even with a juggernaut like that could stop Yugi and forced Kaiba to play devil's advocate by standing on the edge and daring Yugi to attack. Thankfully he didn't for if he had Kaiba would have fallen to his death."
As he's talking, a slide show was in the background showing scenes of the past.
"It was after the duelist kingdom after Kaiba's soul was returned to him thanks to Yugi that he began work on a updated model of the duel disk, much like we use today. and was approached by a strange woman who informed him of and gave him the god card obelisk the tormenter. And this is where Kaiba got the idea to hold a city wide tournament with his new duel disks so they can duel when and where ever they want. Kaiba's goal? to gather the god cards and finally defeat Yugi in front of millions in his own tournament and be crowned KING OF GAMES!....But sadly that did not play out as he thought. he was defeated by Yugi in his own tournament and had to face the fact that Yugi was slightly better. It wasn't until the threat of Dartz that the ultimate team Yugi and Kaiba would take shape. it was an desperate battle of wills as the two were battling for the souls of everyone that Dartz had taken and the world! If it wasn't for Yugi getting in the way like he does Kaiba would have finished Dartz off quickly but Yugi wanted to save his friends souls....BAH! Kaiba didn't care about them he wanted to end the duel and he was right there but because Yugi stopped him from it has caused Kaiba to lose his soul to Dartz and leave Yugi to deal with him himself....I think Yugi did that just to get all the glory...What do you think class?"
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

I listen closely to Raphael's lecture on Seto Kaiba taking notes, but decide to remain quite on the matter for now...
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I set in the class only half listening, and mutter. "If it weren't for kaiba there wouldn't be a dark tournament." Under my Breath.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Listening to the lecture I roll my eyes when I hear the teacher's last comment, I then mumble "Talk about bias towards Kaiba..." after that I mentally shrug, honestly this lecture has me feeling bored and hoping something interesting happens...
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

*Chris sits thinking Raphael needs to shut his trap and quit badmouthing Yugi. He does take some notes though*
Taintedone
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: the Fourth Horseman
Favorite Monster Type: Holstarus

Post by Taintedone »

Alex sat quietly in history class through another opinionated lecture. He seemed to be uninterested in the story but he knew his history of duel monsters quite well. Though this lecture seemed to be less about duel monsters and more about Seto Kaiba.
"Actually, they first established their debut as a team in the Battle City tournament."
He seemed almost bored as he answered.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Raphael looks toward Nathan, "AND what pray tell leads you to believe that Kaiba is to blame for the dark tournament? He has revolutionized the gaming industry with his patented duel disk technology, which if it wasn't for him...and some help from Pegasus stealing Mokuba's soul we would still be dueling ON THOSE STUPID DUELING ARENAS AND THOSE GOD AWFUL RULES!"
Then before Nathan could answer he turns to Alex, "True but i wouldn't count that as a team effort as neither of them were really a team by choice or cared to help...other than Yugi. SO by my reasoning their one true team up has been against Dartz."

Heero-taking notes throughout the lecture mostly agree with what Raphael was saying except his Yugi bashing. he believed Yugi was every bit as good as Kaiba...but like all things they are in the past and what mattered to him was the present and the future.

Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

I almost chuckled when the teacher started yelling, he did have a point but the way he chose to say it reminded me more of a kid than an adult. Still, other than the teacher getting pissed this class was pretty boring, then again I didn't like studying history so maybe some people actually found the lectures interesting.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

"If not for the duel disks dueling wouldn't be so readily available, thus the dark tournament probably never would have happened. Not to mention he was a sociopath, who kidnapped yugi's grandfather for a bleeding card. Kaiba is just an over glorified pampered, spoiled, neurotic, whiny rich kid!"
Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

I almost jump a little when the teacher and Nathan start to debate loudly but quickly regain my composer and shake my head because for being a history teacher he doesn't show much respect for the history of duel monster only Seto Kaiba. I'd admit I'm not a fan of duelist kingdom rules, but they were a important part of the history of duel monsters that paved the way to modern dueling not something to be called awful and its trivial to debate who was the better duelist so many years ago. As for duel disks being a source of the darkness in our world I disagree as shadow games can be played on the old dueling stadiums and playing mats....I sigh and lean back in my chair as I take a break from notes and hope class can get back on track.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Raphael gives Nathan a hard look, "Say what you will about the man who gave you all this tech. and the cards you carry, that's your opinion. Yes he may have been a sociopath when he was younger but has become a household name the world over."
He then walks around for a bit stretching his legs. "Now Alex do you have anything to add to this little talk?" he asks. "Before we move on?"

Taintedone
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Taintedone »

Alex simply watched in slight amusement at the teacher and student who were bickering like children but the boredom quickly returned. He noted that the teacher was asking him if there was anything he liked to add but he had no desire to involve himself in a petty dispute.
"I have no relevant information to add."
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

"Alright then class dismissed. i have nothing further to discuss."
Everyone gets up and heads out the room while Raphael sits at his desk.
Heero gathers his things and walks out yawning, "ugh what a way to start the day." he says to himself.

Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

I get up from my chair and gather my things and mumble to myself "Hm, that was kinda short I guess Nathan's rant on Kaiba got under his skin...oh well I'm sure he will get over it." I then go to follow Heero out of class
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

*follws Heero as well. The teacher was a bit annoying*
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I stop as I reach the door. "Kiba's a little bitch." I run out the door whooping like Zoidberg.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

I gather my things and leave the classroom, chuckling once Nathan starts whooping but I otherwise don't say anything.
Taintedone
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Taintedone »

Alex stood up after the *lesson*... (if you could call it that) was over and cracked his neck to loosen himself up as he walked out of the class room. Events had been slow as of late and he had had no competition since that red eyes head, Christy had just walked out on their duel. He had spent the occasional moment talking to Gary but nothing outside of that. Thankfully, he had finally fully healed after his active first day and now looked no worse for the wear. Still, he was always on the lookout for someone who wouldn't be a waste of his time.
Last edited by Taintedone on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

@Everybody:
As the students head toward their next classes the loud speaker chimes in. Arial's voice comes out brightly, "Hello Everybody hope you all are having a nice morning...if not then this might make your day a little more fun and exciting. Please report to arena for a special assembly!"

Heero who was on his way to math listens and smiles looking forward to getting out of math...not his best or favorite class. and quickly heads toward a elevator.